Our ideas for visits to Salon-de-Provence
Discover Salon-de-Provence !
Salon-de-Provence, to visit the historic center, you will take the passage under the Clock Tower or that of the Tour du Bourg Neuf on foot. You will then discover the castle of l'Empéri, which houses the Military Museum. After that, your steps will guide you to the House of Nostradamus and then to the Church of St. Michael ...
Reaching the city center and its many shops, you will head to the Collegiate Church of Saint-Laurent welcoming the tomb of Nostradamus. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to cool off at Place Crousillat, at the foot of the Moussue Fountain.
Then, taking the direction of the soap makers district, you will have the opportunity to visit two soap factories still in activity ; the Rampal Latour soap factory and the Marius Fabre soap factory as well as the Marseille Soap Museum. During this trip, you will certainly not have failed to appreciate the architecture and the beauty of the Master Soapmakers' houses along the course of the Republic ...
During your cultural walk, maybe the Patrouille de France will make you look up to our incomparable blue sky !
Finally, to organize your stay, remember that every Wednesday there is a very large market in town.
The essentials to visit:
- Rampal Latour soap factory
- Marius Fabre soap factory
- Marseille Soap Museum
- L’Empéri Castle and its Museum
- Provence Agricultural Fair
- Renaissance festivals: each year, at the end of June, the city plunges into the heart of its history. The Historical Reconstruction traces the passage through Salon-de-Provence of Catherine de Medici, who came to consult the magus Nostradamus on the future of her children.
- SALON - Provence International Chamber Music Festival: the best soloists in the world around an original program and in an exceptional setting with breathtaking acoustics!
- Theatrical Visits "In the footsteps of Nostradamus"